tiistai 19. syyskuuta 2023

Table portraits 18.

In this table portrait post I show one holiday model: Minstrel. It is a she, unlike what the mold usually is(?), and mine is stable named Ruska. She got her name from some dream, and it just stuck. What comes to this photography session, I learned that not all molds/models are photogenic in the same way; for example the one in this case is too smooth for the detailed portraits I was focusing on.

I included this photo here just in case some people don't recognize the model otherwise.

That also is why I didn't take as many photos as I thought I would. It just didn't inspire me, plus the yellow lamplight and maybe that dull color setting (I assume I used the portrait mode, which usually desaturates colors noticeably) were a stupid combination. 

This is a bit brighter than the previous one, hence why I included it.


Overly bright horse - but her halter is very visible.

A bit darker. Apparently we are on the shaded side here.

Taking closeup shots did not help. 

Trying to focus on her eye.




Taking the halter off "out of the way" did not help neither. I came to the conclusion that this horse is not suitable for anything with a very melancholic atmosphere. 

I just don't like how yellow these all are. Desaturated colors look better if the colors are overall colder, but these have yellows and oranges...



Ruska is my first and so far only OF silver bay.

I'm never sure if people read these or not, or if my thoughts are interesting or not, but I feel I can give the readers more if I also explain whys and whats which go with my photography. One important aspect is that I also memorize these to myself here. I have forgotten a lot of what I thought during and soon after the photos were taken. This is just as much of a personal hobby documenting as is writing about customizing processes, too.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

Think before the comment.