keskiviikko 6. syyskuuta 2023

Table portraits 13.

As I said, another black horse in the photos. Just like with Eppu's photos, I taped a lead rope to the cardboard foil to give an illusion about someone controlling the horse outside the frame. Most of these got heavier editing to them, because who wants to see photos where the white background paper has turned pink? Me neither.

A really dark, contrasty shot, after which I changed the settings to a bit less contrasty.



In the middle of everything I got one odd shot, which turned yellowish and looked aged next to the others. My camera is now ten years old and has seen a lot of use, so I can expect it to do hiccups at times. Usually there are pixel stripes which I can get rid of by taking a series of photos which I then remove before continuing normally. And often the odd photos have that yellowish tone to them and blacks turn greenish. 

The horse is the Harley model on the Friesian mold, and he definitely is a black with blanket. When he was new in my house, I struggled to name things, and called him "Skip The Call", which is why his stable name is Skippi. And that halter seen on him was his for a while, but I eventually figured out it doesn't really feel right on any of my horses (it was also on one other). During the photoshoot I also felt it makes no sense to have a partially black piece of colorful tack on a black horse... So I changed it to some old arab show halter which I wish I didn't use to begin with. Why I did, I don't remember. Maybe it was the only one of its kind at the time.


This is closer to what most of the shots were like before editing.


Heavier editing, like the curves tool and maybe levels, were used? I don't even remember.


Guess what? Even the post after this does have a black horse in it! I loosely collect black stallions (not Black Stallions...), and they may be photogenic. 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

Think before the comment.