keskiviikko 30. elokuuta 2023

Table portraits 11.

This pile of pictures is still from spring 2021, and now includes the 2018 Yule model, Celestine. In my collection she got named Catita, nicknamed Katti (kitty). This is one of my favorite horses, probably, and I find her really photogenic.

Taking color photos under the yellow worklamp and using spreading tools is usually lame, but same cannot be said about monochromatic photos. When I don't need to think about the color of the light, things get much better and I actually feel inspired - and I will not have to worry about editing my photos too much. That is why this bunch only got these few pinkish and yellowish shots before black and white.




What I mostly like in these is how the light spreading tools - foil cardboards - cause highlights on the pearly finish of the model. This may partially be thanks to the lamp being set so close to the horse. 






You can also see how I often do photos like this: I take multiple shots of each angle, zoom in, zoom out, play with focus spots and lightness/darkness. I will keep the contrast rather high, because I want it there anyway. 







And after photographing the head from every side, I focus on the horse's body. 






The next batch is about a mystery repaint who came from USA.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

Think before the comment.