torstai 24. elokuuta 2023

Table portraits 10.

Here comes the tenth part to the table portrait series. Now the focus is in the Enzo model, who in my herd goes by the name Aldemir.

I can say I really enjoyed photographing this model, or rather his head since that was the only option to begin with. He is photogenic. But once again, the most balanced photos are the ones which I edited more than a little; mainly to remove the yellowing, of course. (I am so happy I no longer have to photograph these on the table... But that also means the options for spreading light are gone.)




What I do not understand is how many people seem to hate this mold, or at least dislike. He is unusual, yes, but should everything be just perfect quarters, thoroughbreds, friesians or shires? I don't think so. The weird leg positions may be due to the gait. I also am not really that crazy for exotic breeds (I just want everything to be tack friendly, no matter what), but I can still find it interesting that I now happen to own a plastic model of a breed I most likely will never see in real life.




There was really one night splitting this photo bunch into two; the camera batteries died in the middle so I had to take a pause. 



He does have odd anatomy; so narrow barrel and a narrow, long head. I just think it is meant to be like that. Something in that oddity intrigues me, and I take it as a realistic challenge - I want to design a saddle which can fit this mold's weird back. Saddles are already hard to design as is and for the more normal horses, but anyway. 

I know everyone among the American readers knows what the Mangalarca mold looks like, but same cannot be said about Finns. So just in case any Finn (or otherwise European) reads this and is not so deeply in the hobby, I dare to include the wholebody photos of this mold.

He is really, really narrow.


I made Alde's halter with some story behind it: his owner is a blind or nearly blind person, and thus the tack needs to be in contrast to the horse's color. The lead rope has some knots so she can feel where exactly she is holding, and there are chains in the tack "to make sure" the horse listens to her, for safety reasons. I don't think it will go exactly like this with real cases of blind people with horses (especially the chains are unrealistic) but I don't know any, and this is fiction. (To be honest, I quite wish Alde was a gelding. I don't see a point in anyone owning a stallion in most cases. Then again, I don't think Alde's owner is ever alone when handling and riding him.) 






I remember regretting how I didn't make the halter symmetric... The buckle side is so much more detailed.

Trust me, this photo is not similar to the previous one, and I cannot decide which one is nicer, so I posted both...

Next time I show photos of one Yule model.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

Think before the comment.