tiistai 8. marraskuuta 2016

"I didn't get any help for this!"

An idea for a blogtext came from a random mumble... The theme is helping other hobbyists with tackmaking problems.

When we see someone's homemade model horse tack, we of course often ask how it's made. Many people like sharing their knowledge, but some others tell that they do not explain it. Why? "Because I didn't get any help neither." they answer.

So they refuse from helping others with problems because no one helped them, they got forced to practice and solve all problems alone. They can feel like winners in that, and it's true because learning a new trick is winning.

For long time I made sliding buckles from staples, until I bought metal wire.

But really, why the toe we should just continue to roll the squirrel wheel as we could simply stop it and help others, so they can't get the same situation?

Someones also refuse from helping because they do not want their techniques or styles to get copied or stolen. That is quite understandable, as an artist I can feel that and know why. But still, this is not a reason to refuse from helping others neither.

The key is just to understand that anyone can't really steal or copy your way to do things. better we could recommend to do things in some way, practice and especially recommend to learn what the 1:1 thing is, how it is used and made, how we can make a mini version from it. And honestly, all well made English style horse tack IS really similar to each other, so what the toe is the problem with "copying"? Because in fact, when you make a mini version of a 1:1 bridle, you copy the style of the maker of that bridle too! And no one is punishing from that. Weird?

Yes?

No?

I can honestly tell that I like when anyone asks me how to do things in miniatures. Mostly the questions have been about customizing, and that's also a reason why I really made a tutorial to my main blog (in Finnish). If I didn't want anyone to 'steal my way to do things', I could never publish it. Now I also just wait the moment when it is publishable, qualitied enough for starter custom modellers.

Because, if I do things rightly and see mistakes by others, I so much want to fix the mistakes. That can't be possible if I don't help the another hobbyist. And what kind of craft hobby it is where others do not share their ways to do things? For me the checking other's tutorials and tips is one salt in model horse hobby! Without help from others I couldn't be on this level I am now.

I use (make) hooks instead of buckles for many bridle parts. Makes living easier, no matter is it how believable. (I have retouched the bridles already because the overlong straps disturbed me.)

Only nice photos of great mini tack is not enough for me. I see them easily from everywhere around internet. But, thanks to the sharing hobbyists, I even read some blogs.

And I hope that my blogs could be interesting via similar effect too.

2 kommenttia:

  1. Hyviä pointteja! :) Itse jaan tekotapojani jonkun verran, mutta en juuri halua, että minun tapaani tehdä varusteita kopioidaan suoraan. En ole muuten koskaan ajatellut, että kaikki varustethan ovat jo kopioita oikeista varusteista :D

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Niinhän se on... Toki on paljon asioita ja tapoja, jotka haluaa pitää itsellä, mutta se riski on että joku kuitenkin keksii miten juuri se tapa tehdään. ;D Mie kun jakelen apujani, se perustuu aina siihen mitä itse olen oppinut ja hyväksi havainnut. Enkä kyllä häiriintys vaikka miulta joitakin todella tyypillisiä tapoja (esim. kaheksikon malliset välirengasviritelmät riimuissa) ryöstettäiskin, se vaan meinaa sitä että joku muukin kokee sen toimivaksi jutuksi.

      Poista

Think before the comment.