torstai 5. tammikuuta 2017

Cerys

As my third homemade doll, and second rat in that way, I finished Cerys. She got finished already before Xmas, but I publish her only now because of things.


She's made from neon green foam clay and is my first female doll. For her skin, I used blue silk clay; and of course leather to everywhere else than face. I had no matching green in fabric or leather, but I decided to glue some dark green leather there (it's better than having visible wires).

Real reason for her colors was that I simply had no much enough colors what I could preferably use, but eh. 

I originally wanted her to be a punk rocker, and planned that I make her a mohawk, but I failed. Now it's just some kind of long brown hair, nothing mohawks; I am not good in glueing hairs, can't understand those who do it perfectly! I wish I had similar skill.

And no, I didn't capture any part of her progress, she got finished so quickly. I'm OK with that, because continuing to make some projects is often painfully difficult to me, no reason known why.

I just like her eyes, I painted them with copper colored acrylics, pupils black. Eye color matches nicely to her mane, and I just like brown... And when we mix green, brown and blue, we 'surprisingly' have typical colors of Finnish summer (forests, ground and lakes). But despite of looking like a summer rat, Cerys also fits winter.

Her mane is made from viscose, glued with the same I use for tackmaking. Position added with water (wet paintbrush), what also helps making it look less messy.


I in fact like how her mane "flutters", that's caused with a wet paintbrush.

Cerys has perfect hands for holding things.

As it's seen from these pics, Cerys has a giant rat, and she walks him with a chain. That rat, Dan, was made among first thumb rats at 2014, so he's nothing new really. Just got an owner after meeting Cerys, and I think she takes good enough care of him. Or then Dan just doesn't care at all who feeds him, most important thing is that he gets food.



Her light blue vest is made quickly, to hide her body and keep her better for photography. To avoid using red I cut (cutted? Which one is right?) a piece of dark green fabric for a scarf... Also added one useless green chain to her neck, because she looks like a lady who loves weird jewellery.


Ears got harmed because I dissected (what a word... Fits better my things that the word 'cut', or what) them with scissors when they were dry, not before. Normally I cut silk clay while sculpting (if I want), but the clay I used was unusually soft. That makes it too sticky and impossible to be dissected right after sculpting. Scars painted with acrylics.


I also really like taking so-called portraits and often headshots. Although this girl is green and I imagine her having a bit weird personality, she is photogenic and deserves to get captured several times. I also often fight to get right settings, and because it's less easy and almost every photo shows something wrongly, I rather take many different than just one or two; together they all show what I want to show. In second photos you find some with focus at nose, then focus at eyes, then somewhere else, etc. And not only below but everywhere in this post you see pics with different settings...



I see sense!

For my fun, Cerys is one of those dolls who I like to photograph again and again, so much that I try not to. Not all dolls or figurines look good when you just put it to stand on photography studio.

I also think, that if I see Cerys' eyes as I saw them right now, her "stupidness" could be just something less instead of being her whole personality. I see some sense there. Maybe it's just the first impression she gives to others what makes them (and me) think her being less smart? Another thing then is just sure: she is an extroverted personality. She needs others to be around her, they keep the green lady mentally alive; like I personally get just crazy if I am too long among people. Most rats are extroverts, naturally, but not all. (As an example of less social rat in my dolls is my newest from December 2016, that also gets her debut post later. I already photographed her and Cerys and thought some kind of photo story again. Let's see if I publish it.)




Photos of Cerys with horses I need to post later, they do exist. (I am also writing a page for my dolls, so there's quick info of them all in one place.)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

Think before the comment.