torstai 4. tammikuuta 2024

Table portraits 20.

The table portrait series continues, and we are still in autumn 2021. This time the models in question are a bit unusual, because they are not Breyers. I made the first horse myself somewhere in 2017, and he was and is my first original sculpture who also got finished. The second one is my OSC as well.

His name is Passmore, alias Passi, and he is... not a draft horse. I don't know what he is, because he looks like a large horse but he is meant to be in traditional scale, where he is more comparable to ponies than horses. 




All I can say is that he's recognizable for something made in my personal style, and I do not mean that as complete positive; he is ugly. I can find Passi's face photogenic, but that's it, and he is not the model I could use when I introduce strangers to the model horse hobby. 



The second OSC to be shown is also from 2017. In fact these two were finished at the same time, but Passi is only technically older. This roan mare is officially named Blue Tears, alias Tilda. Her breed, mosteasy, is a fictional one and not meant to be pretty, but my sculpt made it even worse. Way, way worse. I only tolerate her head, really... 




That halter on her is old and outdated, but it being too large to Tilda has some story meanings. I could really change the buckle to a better one and also redo the connector, but I will not remember it the second time I go to the art room. (Plus, it is a trash halter. They usually don't seem to be worth much attention, although can be nice to make since I get to use all the leftover leather strips to them.)






Tilda is small, even smaller than Passi. She could be probably a bit over metre tall on the withers if was real, and... That is really small. It is clear that an A4 paper isn't enough to draw a sketch to which you use to make the armature with. It has to be at least A3, or bigger. I have since started to use the cardboards from Breyer traditional boxes to sketch sculptures on, and I also calculate and mark there the withers height I want.







The next horse to be portrayed is a Breyer.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

Think before the comment.