perjantai 30. joulukuuta 2016

Weird halter

I know I once made this, but I didn't photograph it until now. I simply forgot the whole tack piece... And yet less I remember how it should be used!

Yea, trust that the little horse expert is strong enough to hold a huge thoroughbred.

This is one of those moments when you know your invention is unbelievable, because you should have instructions of it's usage and fitting...

This thingy was a weird halter (or "halter") with chain noseband, tongue-buckled crownpiece, cheekpieces and... Weird rings. No throatlatch or anything else who could be normal parts of a halter, because this was meant to be used with pressure! Some kind of force halter.

I also had made a whole separate strap to attach bits, and also fitting bits belong to the set. I know I meant it originally that the bit strap can be attached to the halter to make them... to be some kind of multi-use halter/bridle, BUT of course I really don't remember how I set this first time.

Anyway, I photographed it now on the same horse who was the one I made the tack to fit.


I know that the chain is too long when set like in these second photos. I remember that something depended from the large ring, without it that setting could not have been possible... Well, I surely go to play with this a lot later, when I am OK with it, but right now I wanted to photograph how the thingy is meant to fit when it's simply set.

In those the chain goes from the front rings to the hind ones, having a place of throatlatch - and hooks meet there. So when you pull from the rope, it's throat what feels the biggest pressure; and scrag, too. Noseband just makes sure the whole thingy works, although I imagine the chain noseband to be yet worse force tool than just a strap to keep the halter in a halter's shape. 






Then I added the bits, and bit strap; I don't bother to call it bridles nor crownpiece/cheekpiece -mix, because, well, it's just a strap with two buckles.

Rope and reins seen in the photos do not belong to the same set; reins I got from other bridles and the rope was made just for photographs like that, to be a good, easily used rope.

I think the set looks nicer this way, with more straps and messy metal parts. It just shows what horse poeple (some who claim they are horse lovers, although I think they're just sport lovers) are ready to do to make themselves feel skilled and safe while their horse just is tied, forced to be a sport machine.

Todays I don't feel that I am a photographer, just look at these damn bad pics...


Yet closeup of the bits. I always want to see how people make bits, and I am interested to see how they work, no matter how cruel the tool is. Knowing that just makes sure we know how to make them in mini scale.

For some reason, almost no one of my weirdest bits work as I planned them to do...Mostly it comes from too long curbchain or the fact that Remu (that horse) just has too short mouth.

Really, never photograph anything small this way... Never.



I always take these "show" photos of my horses when I try to photograph their tack.



I photographed what the bits look when reins are pulled, and while not.Not a surprise that the effect seen isn't really how it should be, but hey, plastic mouth doesn't allow it to look realistic.



My newer doll (one of them) shows an arm there!


I apologize the possible mess and confusion in my blogtexts, bad photos and weird English. I haven't been comfortable with my texts lately, but I try to get rid of that; if I never dare to publish anything, I never know how readable they are. And what comes to photos, I often take 'quick' photos and less often, when I want to focus properly to my photographing, I take the better camera and soften it's flash and so on. But that good job takes often too much brains, and I do it only when I feek good enough to.

So, mostly I try to apologize the horrific photos I throw here.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

Think before the comment.